The new portal aims to simplify the process of finding standards, making product development and manufacturing processes more efficient
- Significantly reduces the time and effort involved in finding relevant information on standards
- Encompasses the current landscape, with summaries, custom search functionality and one-click access to standards
The portal integrates standards information from technical reports published by SCB:
- The Regenerative Medicine Standards Landscape report, which provides a snapshot of more than 250 existing and in-development standards
- Community Perspectives: Needed Standards in Regenerative Medicine report, which outlines those standards identified by the community that could have the greatest benefit to the field
In addition to content from the two SCB reports, the portal provides details on current open ballots and calls to action for ongoing standards advancement projects. Regular monthly portal updates allow stakeholders to stay abreast of the latest standards advancements.
Within the portal, users can:
- Perform search standards by sector, functional area, standards development organization (SDO), keywords and more
- View at-a-glance summaries of new and updated content, including standards, new areas of need, open ballots, and revisions from SDOs
- Get one-click access to SDO webpages to purchase or view published standards or request access to in-development standards
About the Standards Coordinating Body
The Standards Coordinating Body (SCB) is an independent non-profit organization focused on educating the regenerative medicine and advance therapies ecosystem on the importance of standards and bringing experts together to prioritize and catalyze standards development, harmonization and adoption. SCB helps those interested in participating in the process actively engage with the standards development community, share their expertise, have their voices heard and contribute to the standards which will affect the industry for years to come. By creating awareness of the need for standards, serving as a gateway for stakeholder engagement and facilitating access to the standards once established, SCB is playing a vital role in reducing the complexity, cost risk and time required to bring safe and effective breakthrough therapies to clinicians and patients.