This webinar series has been co-organised by Phacilitate and Biotech and Money/LSX
Welcome to the three-part webinar series dedicated to the funding, commercialisation and market access for advanced therapies. It is designed to take you through the advanced therapies journey addressing the main barriers to commercialisation along the way and solutions to get treatments to the patients that need them.
(NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND) Part One April 19th, 2018: Funding sources for advanced therapies
The first webinar examined the various funding sources for the advanced therapies industry, providing a guide to ensuring you secure the right capital for long-term, sustainable growth. World-leading experts from Credit Suisse, 4BIO and INKEF Capital shared their experience, including advice on how to position yourself as an attractive investment opportunity.
This session addresses:
- The various funding sources and when to access them
- Ensuring access to capital for long-term growth
- How to position yourself as an attractive investment opportunity
Moderator: Vamil Divan, Analyst, Credit Suisse
Speaker: Dmitry Kuzmin, Managing Partner, 4BIO Capital
Speaker: Lucas de Breed, Director, INKEF Capital
(NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND) Part Two May 22nd, 2018: Overcoming the scale-up challenge and the role of tech innovation and financing in commercial success
The second session tackles the scale-up challenge faced en masse by our industry. You will focus on solutions to overcome barriers to commercialisation of advanced therapies, including the role of tech innovation and financing.
Rodney Rietze, Senior Investigator, Exploratory Immuno-Oncology group at Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research will be sharing his extensive automation experience, as well as providing a framework to ensure your capital investment in automation technology delivers the anticipated ROI.
Ron Philip, Head of Global Commercial, Spark Therapeutics will explore the challenges of commercialising a novel, one-time treatment for an ultra-rare disease. Ron will also remark on establishing the right service model within very limited parameters, i.e. a limited patient pool and the specific skill sets needed for the practitioners and surgeons.
Gbola Amusa at Chardan Capital Markets and Anna French of Qiming Venture Partners complete the panel bringing an investment perspective to the commercialisation story
This session discusses:
- How does scale-up impede the commercialisation of advanced therapies?
- Understanding automation and the lifecycle of an automation project
- Developing a robust automation strategy; when and where do you begin?
- Commercialising a novel, one-time treatment for an ultra-rare disease
- The differences between traditional pharma and advanced therapies; manufacturing, R&D, sales resource and distribution
- Funding strategies and trade-offs
- The impact that the right investor partner can have on commercialisation
Moderator: Duncan Mackay, Head of Regulatory Affairs, ERA Consulting
Speaker: Rodney Rietze, Senior Investigator, Exploratory Immuno-Oncology group at Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research
Speaker: Ron Philip, Head of Global Commercial, Spark Therapeutics
Speaker: Anna French, Associate, Qiming Venture Partners
Speaker: Gbola Amusa, Managing Director, Director of Research, Head of Healthcare Research, Chardan Capital Markets
(NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND) Part Three June 26th, 2018: Gaining market access in a challenging European environment
The final webinar completes the commercialisation story, homing in on the approaches to gaining market access in a challenging European environment, as well as how to price your product and the lessons learnt from other pricing strategies.
This session explored:
- Defining the terms and timelines of a 'curative' product and the impact on pricing and reimbursement
- Drug product vs. service provision, do we need a new business model?
- Costs don’t equate to market value, how to price your product
- The payer perspective on reimbursement
Moderator: Graham Tatham, Director, Simon-Kucher & Partners
Speaker: Dr Thomas Lönngren, Strategic Advisor, NDA Group
Speaker: Panos Kefalas, Head of Health Economics and Market Access, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult